Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

Related Searches

1 Comment Already

Juanaquena Said,
December 19th, 2013 @8:25 am  

I am answering from the USA, so I will only answer regarding US higher education Note: In the USA the words “college” and “university” are used interchangeably, both mean a school of higher education beyond secondary school.

Some colleges and universities in the USA offer scholarship funds to some international students (the term for non-US citizen/permanent resident students in the USA.) Some organizations (not affiliated with a particular college/university) offer scholarship funds to selected international students.

It would be best if you could identify some US colleges or universities which offer the course of studies you wish to follow and which you may wish to attend. Often the scholarship funds come from particular colleges/universities for just the students who have applied and who will enroll at the specific college/university.

You may find the information on these web sites useful to you.

EducationUSA – Information for International Students on Higher Education in the USA (sponsored by the U.S. Department of State)
Click on the For International Students link. – Information for International students wishing to study in the USA:
Find the Right USA College or University at Which to Study:
There are more links to good information in the right sidebar of each web page on

U.S. News and World Report, 22 March 2012 (a well-respected U.S. magazine)
An International Student’s Guide to U.S. Scholarships
Financial Aid for International Students

Scholarships 4 Development
Listing of international scholarships specifically for people from developing countries, people wishing to pursue development-related fields, & those who seek global & national development through further education

The Institute of International Education (IIE) has an online database that can be used to find scholarships, fellowships and grants organized and maintained by IIE:
After choosing the categories that best fit you, click on the Search (magnifying glass icon) button. The scholarships, etc. listed in the search results will probably be for specific US colleges/universities and may be for both undergraduate or graduate studies.

You would also need to apply for and obtain a US student visa, which has the requirement of providing proof (documentation) that the student has all the money needed to cover all of his/her living and school expenses while he/she is studying and living in the USA. This is the link to the US Dept. of State information on student visas:

To obtain a US student visa, you will also need to be accepted by a US school, which will need to issue you a US Department of Justice Form I-20, verifying you are accepted as a student at the school. You can read more about the Form I-20 from this US Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement web site:

Caution: Do not count on being awarded any scholarships or grants. If you/your parents have not saved enough money to cover all your US college/university expenses or cannot borrow enough money (which will have to be repaid with added interest), including the cost of travel to/from your home in Kazakhstan to where the college/university is located, and all your living expenses, you may not be able to follow your dream of attending a US school.

Librarians–Ask Us, We Answer!

Best wishes

Powered by Yahoo! Answers