Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

Related Searches

2 Comments Already

Juanaquena Said,
December 23rd, 2013 @8:12 am  

Added: Thank you for the Additional Details.

With an EFC of 0, you will be eligible for the full Federal Pell Grant funds of $5,500 for the full school year ($2,250 for each semester) plus you will be offered Federal student loans, Stafford Loans, both subsidized and unsubsidized for a maximum loan total of $5,500 for a first year/freshman student (divided by semester – $2,250 each semester.) Read about Federal student a here:
Read about Stafford Loans here:
The funds for the Pell Grant and Fed. student loans come from the U.S. Dept. of Education budget, by the way. FAFSA is just an application form.

The schools to which you had your FAFSA information sent will notify you if you are accepted as a student and will notify you what kind and amount of student aid they will be offering you.

After you receive the school acceptance notices and financial aid offers (which may come after the acceptance notices), you can figure out which will be the best cost and education deal for you. Then you can notify the school you decide to enroll at and accept their fin. aid and notify any other schools that you will not be attending in the Fall.

If you are still a high school student, a HS counselor can explain things in more detail. Or, as I state in my last line below, if you are out of HS, you can telephone the Financial Aid Office of the school you choose to attend and talk with a fin. aid adviser there for more clarifications.
Question #74 of the FAFSA specifically asks
In 2010 or 2011, did you, your parents or anyone in your parents’ household (from question 72) receive benefits from any of the federal programs listed? Mark all that apply. Answering these questions will not reduce eligibility for student aid or these programs. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the new name for Food Stamps. SNAP, Food Stamps and/or TANF may have a different name in your parents’ state.
[End quote]

You are correct the FAFSA does not ask what amount you contribute financially to your household.

You can see a full, PDF version of the 2012-13 FAFSA here to review, if you wish:

By completing your (the student’s) part of the FAFSA and your mother completing the parent’s part of the FAFSA there should be adequate data provided for a valid determination of your Federal student aid award.

The school(s) to which you have applied and to which you had your FAFSA information sent (Federal School Codes) will notify you of your financial aid package – the kind and amount of student aid (Federal, possible state aid, and possible school-funded aid.) When you receive that information, be sure to telephone the school Financial Aid Office for explanations and clarifications by an adviser.

Librarians–Ask Us, We Answer!
Find your local Public Library at:
Find your College/University Library at:

Best wishes

PETA Said,
December 23rd, 2013 @9:07 am  

The FAFSA does ask if you and anyone in the household get food stamps. It is question 70 something on the FAFSA. If you missed this, its important to log back onto FAFSA and correct that.

The way they find out how much financial aid you qualify is you doing the FAFSA. The dept of education puts all of your answers into formulas they use and the result will be your estimated family contribution or EFC. This number is a measurement of your financial aid need. The lower the number the more financial need you have.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers