Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

Related Searches

2 Comments Already

Kathy Said,
June 21st, 2014 @11:07 am  

If you just graduated, contact your high school guidance counselor. If you are close to a community college, they can probably give you some advice. Also, the public library is a great resource with helpful people. You can fill it out on-line. The sooner you start, the better regardless of the due date. There is also a phone number to call with questions while you do it. Sometimes you will have to stop to get more data, just be sure to save what you’ve entered. Have your 2010 tax return nearby and your parents’, if they are involved. Good Luck!

cclepew Said,
June 21st, 2014 @11:26 am  

The FAFSA for the 2011-2012 school year (summer 2011- fall 2011-spring 2012) became available back in January 2011. It’s still there and you can apply now, but understand that it’s VERY late in the cycle. You’re 8-9 months behind all the other students who planned carefully and were on the ball.

If you submit your application right away, you can probably still get loans for the spring 2012 semester, but colleges are not likely to have much in the way of Pell grant or work-study funds left at this point. But hey, anything’s possible and it doesn’t hurt to try.

If you’re serious about going back to school in the spring, you need to submit your FAFSA and get your college application(s) rolling RIGHT NOW. Financial aid departments put together award packages only AFTER you’ve been accepted for admission, so get the process moving. If you’re not happy with the financial aid package you’re offered (I warn you it may be pretty limited), contact the admissions department and see about deferring your admission until next fall. Many colleges will let you do that.

If you decide to defer admission or will be continuing next fall, remember you’ll have to submit another FAFSA in early 2012 for the 2012-2013 school year either way.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers