Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

Related Searches

2 Comments Already

Go with the flow Said,
March 16th, 2014 @10:54 am  

The school must be accredited.
Just in case: Online schools are not accredited. Basically scams.

VanessaFas Said,
March 16th, 2014 @11:28 am  

Check with your community college that you plan on attending, and then check with the guidelines of Pell Grants. You might be, but sometimes you can only use the money for an Associates degree. Also, the school must be in-person brick-and-mortar first, then also offer online courses. No Univ of Phoenix or Bookkeepers School, Inc. will suffice.
How much money can I get?
Amounts can change yearly. The maximum Federal Pell Grant award is $5,645 for the 2013–14 award year (July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014). The amount you get, though, will depend on

your financial need,
your cost of attendance,
your status as a full-time or part-time student, and
your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.
You may not receive Federal Pell Grant funds from more than one school at a time.

Group of students looking over teacher’s shoulder

Effective on July 1, 2012, you can receive the Federal Pell Grant for no more than 12 semesters or the equivalent (roughly six years). You’ll receive a notice if you’re getting close to your limit. If you have any questions, contact your financial aid office.

If you’re eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, you’ll receive the full amount you qualify for—each school participating in the program receives enough funds each year from the U.S. Department of Education to pay the Federal Pell Grant amounts for all its eligible students. The amount of any other student aid for which you might qualify does not affect the amount of your Federal Pell Grant.


I heard I might get a larger Federal Pell Grant if my parent died in Iraq or Afghanistan. Is that right?
It depends. If your parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. armed forces and died as a result of military service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan after the events of 9/11, you may be eligible for additional Federal Pell Grant funds if, at the time of your parent’s or guardian’s death, you were

less than 24 years of age or
enrolled in college or career school at least part-time.
If you meet these requirements and are eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant, your eligibility will be calculated as if your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) were zero. Payments are adjusted if you are enrolled less than full-time.

If you meet those requirements but aren’t eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant due to your EFC being too high, you might be able to get an Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant.


How will I get paid?
Your school can apply Federal Pell Grant funds to your school costs, pay you directly, or combine these methods. Learn more about how (and when) you’ll be paid.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers